Plan Your Singapore Cable Car Visit: Timings, Location, Tickets, and More
Singapore is a melting pot of global cultures, with stunning vistas and towering buildings. No visit to the city-state is complete without a ride on Singapore Cable Car, which is one of the most scenic ways to enjoy and experience Singapore. Hop on to the only ropeway in Singapore and soak in a 360-degree unparalleled view of the city-state. The Singapore Cable Car connects Mainland Singapore (Faber Peak) to Sentosa Island. The spacious cabins allow you to sit back and relax as you glide across changing sceneries. Enjoy panoramic views of world-class skyscrapers, lush forests, picturesque beaches, and golden sand. Look out for high-rises in the Central Business District, the Keppel Harbor, Universal Studios, and Resorts World Sentosa while you’re suspended 100 meters above sea level!
Singapore Cable Car Opening Hours
- What are Singapore Cable Car opening hours?
Skyline Luge is open daily from 8:45 AM to 8:30 PM. Between 16 May 2021 to 13 June 2021, they will be 8:45 AM – 6 PM daily.
- When is the last ride at Singapore Cable Car?
The last ride is at 8 PM. Between 16 May 2021 to 13 June 2021, it will be at 5:30 PM.
Singapore Cable Car Location
Singapore Cable Car Address: 109 Mount Faber Rd, Mount Faber Peak, Singapore 099203
Ticket points of redemption
Directly redeem your ticket at the entrance of the Mount Faber Cable Station or HarbourFront Cable station:
- Mount Faber Cable Car Station: Mount Faber, 109 Mount Faber Road, Singapore
- HarbourFront Cable Car Station: 3 HarbourFront Place, HarbourFront Tower 2
Best time to Take a Singapore Cable Car Ride
The best time to ride on the Singapore Cable Car is during the morning hours — before it gets too sunny. Try and space out your rides, as an evening exit allows you to witness a stunningly different view of Singapore. It's also advisable to plan an evening visit before the sun sets as evenings are much cooler. If you’re lucky, you'll feel the carriage swaying!
The Singapore Cable Car gets quite busy during weekend mornings and afternoons. So planning a morning visit will help avoid peak hour rush.
While Singapore receives tourists year-round, it can get crowded from December to February. Opting for a visit before or after peak season will help you avoid crowds.
MRT: Take the Circle Line MRT (or Northeast Line) to HarbourFront station. Take Exit B towards the HarbourFront Centre. Cross the link bridge at level 2 (beside KFC) to get to HarbourFront Tower 2. You will see the ticketing counter at HarbourFront Tower 2 on the ground floor. Take the lift to Level 15. This is the HarbourFront Car Station. Here you can board the cable car to the Mount Faber Station or head towards the Sentosa station.
Taxi: You can book a cab to take you to either of the Singapore Cable Car locations: the Mount Faber Cable Car station or Harbourfront. For Harbourfront, key your destination as HarbourFront Tower Two, South Entrance (Cable Car Lobby). For Mount Faber, set your destination as Mount Faber Peak.
Bus: These bus routes 10, 30, 61, 97, 100, 131, 143, 145 & 166 serve the HarbourFront Centre bus-stop.
- If you are a photography enthusiast, time your two-way Cable Car trip accordingly. This way you can capture some stunning images of Singapore during the bright hours and also click mesmerizing pictures of the sunset over Singapore harbor, while the city lights up below!
- Make sure to time your ride back from Sentosa to Harbourfront or Mount Faber in the evening to soak in some dazzling views of the Singapore Harbour by the evening.
- As you hop and off the various stations on the line, use your tickets to the full. Combine your cable car visit with various attractions in Sentosa like the SEA Aquarium, Madame Tussauds, Trick Eye Museum, Sentosa Merlion, etc.
- Wearing a pair of comfortable shoes will allow you to explore the multiple attractions on the Cable Car network and won’t dampen your Singapore Cable Car experience.
- Make sure to carry an umbrella and a water bottle as it can get really hot during the day. The umbrella can shield you from the sudden rains too!
Plan Your Singapore Cable Car Visit: FAQs
Singapore Cable Car has two lines: the Mount Faber Line and the Sentosa Line. The Mount Faber Line, which runs between Mainland Singapore and Sentosa Island has three stations: Mount Faber, Harbourfront and Sentosa. The intra-island Sentosa Line, which runs within Sentosa Island only has three stations Merlion, Imbiah Lookout and Siloso Point.
You can purchase tickets for the Singapore Cable Car Skypass online or at the station itself, or pick Singapore Cable Car tickets that give you a round trip on the cable network and/or allow you to relish Singaporean delicacies post your ride.
This depends on the ticket, but typically, Singapore cable car tickets cannot be cancelled, amended, or rescheduled.
Singapore Cable Car opening hours are from 8:45 AM to 8:30 PM daily, with last boarding at 8 PM. Between 16 May 2021 to 13 June 2021, it is: 8:45AM – 6 PM daily, with last boarding at 5:30PM.
Yes, the Cable Car cabins are spacious enough to accommodate wheelchairs and baby strollers.
The cabins on the Mount Faber Line can take a maximum of 8 people per cabin. It is limited to 6 people per cabin on the Sentosa line.
Yes. All guests must wear masks covering their mouth and nose at all times in public areas, social distancing is enforced throughout the attraction, hand sanitization systems are placed across all stations, and frequent disinfection of the cars are some of the steps taken to ensure visitor safety.